Top Ten List of All The Reasons Why Iggy Azalea’s Bounce Video is Terrible
There’s the obvious culture vulture-ism, exotification of the other, buying into fetishization, disrespect of religion, going on in this video. But let’s really dissect this, shall we?
- Only M.I.A. can ride an elephant with seduction, successfully.
- White sari and no rain? What kind of white sari Bollywood symbolism is this? Wait - this isn’t pulpy Bollywood?
- Did she just say, “Iggy Iggy, gettin’ ‘em tipsy, Tippin’ in brah, to hundreds and fifties, Pullin’ up, NASCAR, black car, Shittin’ on everyone, sippin’ whatever we feelin’”??? No.
- Her song has nothing to do with being in India. Like, zero. It’s a song about bouncing. Even her desi dance moves are stretching on the bounces.
- Someone fix her sari. Her belly is showing.
- WHY is she in front of the sadhus?!?! Blasphemous.
- Did she just morph herself out of the Taj Mahal?
- The kids covered in holi colors - the kids are cute, but what does that have to do with “bouncing” at all? And how come with all that color flying, she still remains White?
- Uh. This.
- Hari Kondabolu said it best, “Just saw Iggy Azalea’s “Bounce” video. Finally something that can unite the Indian-American & African-American community in mutual hatred.”